Wednesday, July 4, 2007

God Bless America....

Exactly one year ago today, Chris and I found out that I was pregnant! Last year made for a pretty exciting and memorable 4th of July... which could really only be topped by this year's 4th having Landon here with us. We went to see fireworks and it was so much fun to watch Landon's eyes light up at the site of all the lights in the sky. We thought the sounds might scare him, but he just stared up at the sky with wide eyes. Like an idiot, I forgot our camera of course and I am kicking myself now that we didn't get any pictures of the three of us. As we were watching the show I was thinking, that I have had some pretty fun experiences on the 4th. I have spent many with friends, and been to shows like the Stadium of Fire. I have spent it on the beach in Portland, where they shoot fireworks in to the sky off a boat out on the ocean. And I have watched them in NYC as they set them off over the Hudson. But none of them compare to the 4th of July I had tonight. I had my husband next to me, and my son in my lap... and I have never felt more blessed.

1 comment:

ash & mat said...

Holy Cow, that is the cutest picture!