Monday, January 21, 2008

Don't know where all this motivation came from, but I think I like it.

So I guess I am feeling bold this year with my resolutions. One might think, having never had resolutions in past years, shouldn't you ease your way into them? Maybe start off with an easy one this year? Well I guess I am making up for years passed because I'm going for the big one! And the big one is...(drum roll please) I am going to quit biting my nails!

For those of you who know me, or don't know me for that matter but have ever caught a glimpse of the gnawed of nubs where nails normally reside, then you know that I am not just a casual nail biter. It's not a "I am feeling a bit stressed or nervous and I need a little nibble" kind of thing. I have a full fledge biting, ripping, tearing, whatever it takes to ensure that no nail is left behind kind of problem going on here. And it's been going on for 25 years! Part of me is hoping that maybe they have some sort of online support group for nail biters, because I might need to seek a professional to help me kick this one. But I am up to the challenge! I am finding that the bigger the challenge, the more motivated I am to prove to myself, and I suppose everyone else as well, that I can do it.

So if any of you out there are nail biters, or better yet, recovering nail biters, any helpful words of wisdom??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you sister! The only time my nails grow is when I'm pregnant. Other than that they flake and I get annoyed and rip them off. So, I'm there with you. Right now they are beautiful, oh, except for the two I tore off last night because they started to rip. I filed them down and then painted them with some sally hansen strengthening polish. I'm going to try to keep them from getting snaggy and keep them polished. Maybe it will work?

Chris and Hilary said...

Oooooh strengthening polish! What a grand idea, I am going to go buy some!

Poulsen Family said...

I attest, Aimee is a horrible nail biter. So is Jake. Bryant picked it up from him, and Brianna has started. I told Bryant a long time ago I'd buy him a dinosaur if he could show me white nails. It's taken a long time, but the other day he finally has some white. I told Brianna she should grow them long like Mommies and I'd paint them. She got pretty excited, let's see if it'll happen. Good luck!!