Tuesday, June 29, 2010

4 months old....

How did that even happen? The time is just flying by and I find myself freaking out at how fast he is growing. With Landon, I felt like we were always trying to push him to reach milestones. He was rolling over both ways by two months, sitting up by 5 months, crawling by 6 months. And I am pretty sure a huge part of that was us constantly helping him to reach that next thing, only not realizing at the time that he wouldn't be a baby very long. With Bennett, I feel myself doing the opposite because I know he will only stay this little, cuddly boy for such a short time. I just want to call a "time out" and keep him how he is for a while! He is rolling all over the place now, and I feel like it's all happening too fast. I just want him to stay a baby forever. Seriously - I am beginning to worry that with each baby I will only become more and more the mother that will be sobbing at every event in their lives. You know, the embarassing one. The one making a scene at high school graduations. The one that wants you to go to college, but only if you attend the closest one and still live at home. The one that MIGHT give you her blessing when you get married, as long as you agree to move in to the basement. Yeah....I'm headed on a straight path to be that Mom. I just don't want my kids to grow up! (except Landon - if you're reading this - feel free to grow up just enough to grow out of this "bossy, sassy, tantrum throwing" stage. Then don't go any further!)

But I am rambling. So back to Bennett's 4 month appointment.

Let's just say - we don't make 'em small, people!
18 pounds 2 ounces and 27 1/4 inches long

That keeps him in 97th percentile for height and 95th for weight. We have one chunky monkey on our hands and I just love his roly poly thighs!

5 comments:

Spackman's said...

I am totally that mom! Yes I admit with each one it gets worse. He is such a doll! I love that they are chunky. It's the best kind!

The Moons said...

YOu guys definitely make some darling little boys!! I totally want to pinch his little thighs! how cute! hope you are doing great ! xoxo

A said...

I feel EXACTLY the same way!! He's adorable! :)

The Fords said...

Whoa. You updated! ha ha. I forget to look at your blog sometimes because you don't update!
He's so super cute! both of your boys are!
How are you? It's been a long time!

Courtney said...

SO adorable!! And I love those chubby cheeks! :)