Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New life with Mr. Benny Man...

Can I just start off by saying how much I looooooove having a baby in the house again? I love the new baby smell and think it should be made into an air freshener just like "new car smell". I love baby noises, baby smiles, and most of all - baby snuggles. And Bennett is a cuddly little one for sure. And he's destined to grow up lovin' kisses because I have practically kissed that boy's face off over the last four months.


I'll be honest, the first few weeks were hard. Especially with Landon suddenly having to share the spotlight. And I never felt like I could give either one of them as much attention as I wanted to, which left me feeling guilty a better part of each day. Add to that lack of sleep and exhaustion, which equals one emotional Hilary. I need my sleep, people! Or it just aint pretty all around. Anyway, by the time Bennett was a month old (and sleeping through the night!!) I felt like we had all adjusted to our "new normal", and I even figured out how to stay caught up on cleaning and laundry again!

Here is our little guy one week old.


At Bennett's 2 week appointment he weighed 9 pounds 7 ounces and was 22 1/4 inches long. I can't believe he gained over a pound and an inch and a half in two weeks!

Here he is at two weeks old.


3 weeks old

4 weeks old


And he has only gotten bigger, chubbier and more fun since. We sure like him a lot!

No comments: