Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Let's get this started...

Well we are back from Alaska. It was sad to leave, but good to come home. In fact, it was marvelous to be home because Chris was a sweetie pie and cleaned the house spotless, and bought Landon and I fun presents while we were away. Which gets me to thinking that I should abandon him more often, wouldn't you say?

First of all, Alaska is the bomb. That's right I said it. The BOMB. In fact I might go as far as to say that it's "DA BOMB." If you ever have the chance to go there (in the summer) I highly recommend it. That whole state is like something straight out of National Geographic.
I'm not even sure where to start. I'll do my best to hit the highlights of the trip. Let's start with family. Landon had the time of his life with his cousins. Being the only boy among four girl cousins only made it all the more fun. And my sister lives on like two acres, leaving him endless amounts of room for him to run free and be a boy. After a few days of rain, he and the girls spent about two hours outside splashing in the mud puddles. I don't know if I have ever seen Landon have more fun in his little 16 month life.



Now Landon is stuck here with just me and no mud puddles.

To be continued...

5 comments:

The Fords said...

Landon is getting so big! He's such a cutie. I've always wanted to go to Alaska! I'm glad you had a great time,and can't wait to see more of your updates!

The Moons said...

hilllll!!! how cute has your little family turned out to be!! ALaska huh? that looks pretty fun! So when are you gonna have a little Hilary Jr.?

A said...

How fun! I'm glad to hear Chelsie is in such a cool place. What did she name her last little girl,? I forget.

Blythe said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Did you roll around in the mud too?

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! You are a brave mommy to let him splash in mud like that. Every time BJ splashes in puddles the mommy side of me cringes...rrrr...not to yell at him to get out. Its so much fun, but it makes such a mess when he is done.