Saturday, August 16, 2008

Valdez, Alaska



For part of our trip, we made a drive to Valdez to camp for a few days. Valdez is an Alaskan hot spot when it comes to fishing. Also, for those of you who remember, this is where the infamous Exxon Valdez oil spill happened back in the 80's. Valdez is amazing. There were waterfalls around every corner, along with a giant glacier off the side of the highway, and all sorts of wildlife. Just a few hundred feet from where we were camping was a Bald Eagle's nest. You could hear the babies chirping all the time and on occasion we caught a glimpse of them being fed. It seemed like every time we turned around there was some sort of animal to take a picture of. It was definitely an awesome way to experience Alaska!
















4 comments:

Brynnie said...

Holy Cow! Looks absolutely amazing. What a beautiful place.

matesen said...

It looks like your trip was so much fun! I was born in Alaska, but moved when I was only one so I don't remember it. My parents took pics of me at Valdez and they are my favorite baby pics.I have never been back, but I really need to go!

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! I hope to one day see what you have seen. I'm glad you took the opportunity to go!

Joel and Michelle said...

Wow! Alaska is beautiful. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm so glad I found your blog. You have such a cute family.