Tuesday, June 16, 2009

6 a.m...

That's what time we will be checking into Primary Children's tomorrow morning for Landon's surgery. They said to plan to be there most of the day. The surgery itself only takes about an hour, but they won't release him until they have watched him for a while and he has eaten something and kept it down. Already my nervous mother worries are kicking in with the "what ifs." I really don't like the thought of Landon being put under. My Mom hated whenever any of us had to be put under anesthesia, and a story she told me when I scheduled my appointment to have my wisdom teeth taken out will probably haunt me until I die. For the sake of not haunting any of YOU, I won't tell it. :) I remember thinking that she was worrying way too much, and feeling glad that I wouldn't be awake to feel a thing. Little did I know that ten years later I would be in her position, thinking about the very same story. THANKS MOM!!

I have a feeling the hardest part about tomorrow will be actually getting up early enough to make it to the hospital by 6:00. Landon inherited my love for sleeping in and we are rarely out of bed before 9:00 - so it's not going to be pretty! But Chris is going to give him a blessing and hopefully we will all be able to get some good sleep tonight.

Keep little Landon in your prayers. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. We will keep everyone updated on how everything goes.

2 comments:

Blackham Family said...

Good luck it is scary. As a mom you do worry so much. I catch myself doing things my mom did/said all the time. Good luck. Let me know if i can do anything,

brees said...

Hey! I hope that everything went well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!