Monday, June 29, 2009

I hope he never remembers these days...

All in all, Landon's surgery went really well. He has had no complications or problems healing and in just a couple of days he was back to his old self. The first two days were rough. I felt so bad for my little man. You could tell he was in a lot of pain and really uncomfortable, and it broke my heart that I couldn't do anything to make him feel better. However, being a Primary Children's made me so grateful that Landon has never had any serious illness. Sitting in the waiting room and walking through recovery we saw so many children there who were there for major surgeries or suffering from much more critical situations than we were there for. It was heart wrenching. Although Landon seems to catch every cold and flu within a mile radius and has his fair share of getting hurt, he has never had anything life threatening. And we are so very grateful for that. My heart goes out to all those families!

Below are some pictures from while Landon was being prepped for surgery.



This was the tiniest blood pressure cuff I had ever seen.


Checking vitals.


Rockin' his hospital pajamas. Yes, even the child sized ones open in the back...but at least they get bottoms to go with them!



His little I.D. bracelet


He has no idea what's coming here.

And now here he is trying to recover from a hard day. I am sure he was not amused at my picture taking.






To make matters worse, two days later he fell while walking out to the car and got a massive raspberry on his noggin. Though he got over it fairly quickly.






And if THAT wasn't bad enough, he fell head first out of a shopping cart and got a serious knock to the head and black eye. I honestly felt like the worst parent on the planet. Still do. I'm not sure who was traumatized more...him or ME. I'm pretty sure it was me.







Poor kid can't catch a break. We love you, Landon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY Goodness!! Don't be too hard on yourself, he won't remember it, unless it has scarred him for life and then he will have to go through years of therapy to understand why he is afraid of shopping carts. :) Seriously though, you're doing a great job!

Brynnie said...

Holy Cow! Poor guy! How is Mom holding up?

brees said...

Ouch! That looks painful. I am glad that the surgery went well.

Blackham Family said...

He's a little trooper. So are you. Doesnt it seem like thats how it goes with kids though. One thing after another. Good luck with everything.

Francine said...

Poor Landon. What was the surgery for? Did you say? Sorry if you did and I didn't catch it. You are a the perfect mom to Landon. So don't get down on yourself. He's tough anyway!

Blythe said...

Oh how sad! Surgery, a bump on the head, AND a black eye! Poor little guy.

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! What a trooper. I hope you're doing okay as well! This whole thing must have been so tough on you.

Poulsen Family said...

Poor baby! Give him kisses from us!