Saturday, June 6, 2009

Long past due...

I am letting way too much time pass between posts. I always have so much to say at the times when I can't get one the computer to say it. I sometimes lie in bed at night thinking of all the things I need to post about, and actually consider getting out of bed to do it. But from past experiences know that only makes falling asleep even harder than it already is. I feel so busy now that summer is here, though I am not exactly sure what is tying up my schedule more than usual. Maybe it's all the time spent outside with Landon. Another problem is that some of our pictures end up on the laptop and others on our office computer, so I will find myself intending to post but I will be on the opposite computer than the pictures I want to write about. (not sure why I feel I can't post without a picture!) Either way, here is my ditch effort to update on all the many events going on with the Rollers as of late.

First and foremost - Chris has finished his first year of Pharmacy school. Yay! One down. Only two more to go. I keep reminding myself that it will go by quickly, but this year really didn't seem to go by all that fast. However, I do feel that we have settled into a schedule of some sort and have finally adjusted to the little amount of time we get to spend as a family. The one good thing to come of that is really looking forward the time we do have together. I think that Chris has pretty much accepted that hours and hours of studying is just going to be a big part of his life for the next few years, and I have accepted that even though some days I feel like a single Mom, it's a sacrifice that will be worthwhile in the future. Man, I never realized how easy I had it before!

The week that Chris took his last test of the year was jam packed full of studying. But the day after he finished we headed up to Heber with Landon for "A Day Out With Thomas." The following day we hit the road to Vegas with two of Chris' buddies from school and their wives. I am on the wrong computer so - pictures to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're updating, even without pictures. Three years does go by way fast...that is how long we've been in Georgia. Scary isn't it?

Courtney said...

I hope that you get to spend a lot more time together now that he is done with year one!!