Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Guilt-free frosty..shake thing!

If you read this, you have to PROMISE me that you will try this tasty treat! My sister shared this easy recipe with me and Chris and I have made one every night since. (okay, let's be honest here, we made it twice last night. I guess when if you make it 5 times a day it defeats the purpose of it being low in calories) It takes about 3 minutes to make and the best part is that it is only like 30 calories! You need one small package of sugar free, fat free, Jello pudding mix. ( it doesnt have to be fat free, but the fat free kind is only 25 calories, and the regular is like 180 calories) You can use any flavor, we had the cookies and cream kind last night and tonight we tried the banana cream flavor and it has been my favorite so far. You will also need the light whipped cream that comes in a tub, stick in the freezer so that it sets up. I have just been keeping it in my freezer so that I will always have some frozen when I need it. (Which will probably be every day from the looks of it.)

So this is all it takes:

1 small pudding mix in any flavor you desire
1 cup skim milk
1 tray of ice cubes
1 scoop of frozen cool whip

Mix in the blender until it's all smooth, serve, and enjoy!

Note: be sure to serve it right away, if you leave it sitting the pudding will start to set up and it ruins the consistency.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm....that sounds so good..very similar to my fluffy salad that I make. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Chris and Hilary said...

I would love the recipe! Especially if it is quick and easy!

Anonymous said...

I tried your yummy frosty shake thing, it was so good! BJ loves it too. Too bad Anthony was working tonight, I'll make it for him some other time. Thanks for the recipe! I used very vanilla silk milk, chocolate fudge fat free/sugar free pudding and vanilla cool whip. MMMMM Tasty!

Chris and Hilary said...

I am so glad that you tried it! We make them probably way more often than we should, but I justify it since it's not many calories. If you go buy weight watchers standards it is only 1 point! I never thought of trying it with silk, I will have to try that next time...or maybe even the chocolate silk. Delicious!