Monday, April 2, 2007

Holy cow, we had a baby!!

We did it! After 9 months of planning and anticipating we actually have a baby! Regardless of the fact that I felt that I may be the first woman in history to get pregnant but never actually deliver her baby... one week late and 24 hours after being induced our amazing little boy, Landon peeked his cute, cone shaped head into the world! And man what a cutie he is! He was a healthy 8lbs 6oz and 20.5 inches long and yes, to our disbelief he has hair!! For those of you who didn't get the whole story I will sum it up for you... Landon was due March 3rd, but certainly wasn't in any mood to come then, so I went in to be induced on March 8th at 8:00pm. 24 hours later after a long, really long night, and an even longer day he was born at exactly 8:00pm on March 9th. His heartbeat was a little irregular in the womb so they had a monitor stuck to his head to monitor his heart rate, and me on oxygen in order to make sure that he was getting enough oxygen. When he delivered he had low blood sugar, a fever, and they were giving him more oxygen as well. They let me see him for what seemed like a milli-second and then they had to wisk him away to the nursery for some blood tests. They told me as soon as my epidural wore off (and I could walk) that I could go and see him in the nursery. So despite having no sleep for 24 hours I couldn't sleep because I was sitting up waiting to get the feeling back in my legs. It felt like Christmas Eve. Finally around 2:30am I was able to go and see him and they let me keep him in my room for about an hour. He was wide awake and it was amazing to just sit and stare at him, I could have stared at him all night.Anyway, all his tests came back fine, his fever went down, and the three of us came home from the hospital a new little family.

No comments: