Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mom was right....AGAIN.

I can remember many, many times my mom telling me, "Just wait 'til you have kids" or " When you are a parent you will understand." And you know what mom, YOU'RE RIGHT! As I am sure many of you mom's out there can relate to, I find myself standing over Landon's crib listening to make sure he is breathing. Or waking out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night by the tiniest little grunting sound. (When he was first born, I seemed to think that holding him through the entire night was a guaranteed prevention from SIDS.) I find myself eyeing questionable looking strangers who even look in my baby's direction and always have this fear that if I turn my back I could turn back around and Landon could be gone, or someone might be breathing on him or touching him with dirty hands or something. Anyway, you get the point. I just never knew that PARANOIA was part of being a mom! And now looking back on all the times I was late for curfew, or didn't leave a note telling my mom where I was, or left the house with some crazy looking friend that my parents had never met...I am actually quite surprised that my mom didn't deck herself out in camoflauge gear, follow me everywhere and hide in the bushes with binoculars watching my every move! I now understand what it is to worry. And as Landon gets older and I am not worrying about SIDS anymore, I am more than certain that worry will be turned to "Don't fall off your bike!" or "Who is that boy with green hair that you have been hanging around with??!"
So... I think I owe my Mom a sorry and a huge THANKS for being a mom that worried about me. And who knows, for all I know, maybe she did follow me everywhere and hide in the bushes with binoculars. You know that's where I am going to be in about 16 years!

No comments: